Hi, I have a database I've been using for a long time under FB1.5 and
UnicodeFSS (var)chars. Because of the UnicodeFSS, I'm mindful that I'm dealing
with multi-byte chars.

When I process my schema to create this database under Firebird 2.5.2, and
using UTF8 for all my (var)chars, for one create table statement I get the
error:
"GDS Exception. 335544351. unsuccessful metadata update new record size of
79948 bytes is too big..."
(The query executes ok but gives this error when I call commit.)

I have checked all my columns and calculated the max size that should be
required:
8 Integer columns: 32 bytes
4 char columns, 150 chars total: 450 bytes
13 varchar columns, 19812 chars total: 59436 bytes
4 timestamp columns, 32 bytes.

So by my calculations, this comes to 59950 bytes; within the 64k Firebird limit.

So have I gone wrong in my calculations somewhere, or is there something else
at play here? As I mentioned earlier, this works ok with UnicodeFSS/Firebird
1.5.

Thanks in advance, Phil