--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "mariuz" <mariuz@...> wrote:

> > Is there any solution (or are there any works on such solution) that allows
> > NoSQL access to FireBird database? (Something like HandlerSocket plugin for
> > MySQL).
> >
> > We'd like to port to FireBird large legacy application that has a
> > significant part of database access functions implemented in NoSQL-like way
> > so such functionality would be rather useful (both form the point of speed
> > and decreased complexity of porting).
>

> I looked just a bit at the protocol and at the source code
> The protocol can be implemented for example in nodejs/python and it could
> work over standard firebird sql
> https://github.com/ahiguti/HandlerSocket-Plugin-for-MySQL/blob/master/docs-en/protocol.en.txt
>

> For a node/C++ plugin that can access raw firebird tables without parsing the
> sql it is worth a
> Firebird-devel discussion
Yes, it can be implemented as a wrapper over API+SQL (and we also conider that
way) but at least from the first glance it doesn't work too fast (even with
prepared in advance statements), so I have a hope for solution with less
overhead. In fact I don't need exactly HandleSocket protocol, but any fast
cursor over index (better bidirectional) with possibility to seek to key.

Do you suggest posting question to Firebird-devel group?

With respect,
  Alex