> Hello I have all my apps in Delphi with the IBX components and ClientDataSets
> to conect with a FB Database. Since long time ago IBX creator says it doesn't
> support FB. So far I can work with very simple queries fine. But now I'd like
> to use a component which supports FB.
>
> I'd like to hear some opinions regarding what component to use in Delphi. Is
> there any free one? Thanks in advance!
>
> Sergio

Hello sergio, i'm in the same process. We have selected IBDac from devart, but
have not started the migration. There is a migration tool from ibx that
automates a lot of work.

About ibx, we also saw a problem in the components. The problem is that the
first time it opens a dataset or ibquery, starts one transaction to recover the
calculated fields and the fields that compounds the pk. When one datamodule
opens 30 datasets, the first time ibx starts 30 transactions. With a lot of
users and a lot of datamodules there is a lot of delay opening the first time
the datasets.

Jesús