De : Konstantin Khomoutov [mailto:flatw...@users.sourceforge.net]
Envoyé : mercredi 13 mars 2013 11:01
À : firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Cc : Marianne
Objet : Re: [firebird-support] fbtrace - linux server

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 08:54:58 +0100
<caste...@titelive.be> wrote:

> I used trace & audit in de services menu of IBexpert with a windows
> firebird server and it works great !
> Now, i wanted to trace a database on a linux firebird 2.5 server but i
> get nothing in de trace screen.
>
> I also tried with the trial version of "FB tracemanager 2", but I see
> nothing when I work on the database. Nothing is traced.
>

> Is there special things/config to activate in a linux server so that
> we can trace activity on the database ? (I did nothing special on the
> windows server)

Just a shot in the dark: are you running Debian Squeeze by chance?
I've stumbled upon this bug [1] in it, which looks similar to the symptoms you
describe.

Next time please consider that "Linux" is just a kernel, and you're not running
FB on Linux, you're running it on some operating system which just happens to
use Linux as its kernel.  Bugs in software may be caused by myriads of various
factors, often not rooted in software itself, but rather in the libraries they
use, the ways the system is configured etc.  So always specify precisely which
version of which OS you're running and how did you obtain the software which
shows problematic behaviour -- I mean, did you install FB from a package
provided by your OS or fetched ready-made package from somewhere else or built
from the sources?

1. http://bugs.debian.org/690769