--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "un_spoken" wrote:

> I will provide one more test for firebird 2.5.2. I have a corrupted base, I
> will see what gfix says after running it. I think that it should return 1 as
> an error code. Or atleast error code <> 0.

  You think wrong.

  Command line utilities set non-zero exit code if error happens in utility
itself. So, even for havy corrupted database gfix will not set error code to
non-zero if server can validate database and API call's returns without errors.
Because *gfix itself* works without failure.

  Use Service API if you need to know validation result in your application.

Regards,
Vlad