Em 25/4/2013 21:58, Robert martin escreveu:
>>> Is this possible?
>> http://www.firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/reference_manuals/user_manuals/html/gfix-cmdline.html
>>
>> Sure.
>>
>> see parameter: -housekeeping set sweep interval <n>
>>
> Hi
>
> I was probably not specific enough in my problem description :)
>
> I know that I can disable garbage collection via the cmd line.  What I
> am looking for is the ability to...
>
> 1. Cancel any existing garbage collection
> 2. Disable garbage collection
> 3. Do my stuff
> 4. Re enable garbage collection.
>

> I know I can to 2 and 4 via gFix but item 1 is the issue.   Also I would
> want to use the services manager rather than command line tools.
>
> Thanks
> Rob

GFIX will disable sweep.

Garbage Collection and Sweep is not the same thing.

There is a lot of detailed explanations about it, search for Ann
messages and you will see the diference.

Besides the diference between Garbage Collection and Sweep, there are
diferent modes of Garbage Collection in SuperServer x Classic Server.

AFAIR there is a parameter that you could use in your transaction (TPB
parameter) that will disable garbage collection, this is the trick that
gbak does when using the -g swiitch

see you !