Created a new database using deZign. The resulting script was run using IB_SQL,
which reported "Script completed without exceptions".

Ran the script using my standard creation checklist, which can be viewed at
http://secure.enw-ltd.com/dbCreation.html#ibsqlCreation.

On committing there was an IBO hourglass icon for at least 30 s.

Repeated the "Commit" action; this generated Windows-7 progress wheel, followed
by the IB_SQL message containing the words, "ISC deadlock".

Exploration of status details revealed inability to format a message. I will be
rebooting and re-installing Firebird in order to address this error.

On attempting to disconnect and/or close IB_SQL I got the prompt, "Please
complete your transaction".

In the meantime, if anyone can see any errors in the SQL script,I would
appreciate knowing that. Script is available at
http://secure.enw-ltd.com/create_firebird.sql.