At 08:55 a.m. 18/07/2013, rddymanohar wrote:
>Hi,
>We are on Firebird 1.56 and recently encountered database corruption problem
>with a customer. Found that forced write was turned off on the database and
>after the database was restored turned it on. However on checking the next day
>forced write was again turned off. We do daily sweep, reindex and backup on
>the database as maintenance at the the eod. Will any of this cause forced
>write to be turned off.

None of the above will change the Forced Write setting.  However, in the very
ancient version of Firebird that you are using, a client can do it, via the
connection API.  The very first thing I would recommend is to examine closely
the connection settings on all client applications.

A common source of this problem is Delphi applications that provide properties
and/or arrays of properties in the connection component (connection alone, or
database component).  If this is your case, look at *both* the property in
question (ForcedWrites TRUE/FALSE) and *also* the Params property of the
connection/database component.

Helen Borrie, Support Consultant, IBPhoenix (Pacific)
Author of "The Firebird Book" and "The Firebird Book Second Edition"
http://www.firebird-books.net