On 1 Aug 2013 13:47, "Lester Caine" <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> I'd second that ...
> Managing metadata should ALWAYS be detached from anything to do with
data. In
> fact the only metadata changes to our historic data over the years has
been the
> addition of a few extra fields.
>
> And Aldo's comment about 'UNIQUE' constraint also applies.
>

> --
> Lester Caine - G8HFL

I agree that we should not having metadata changes at runtime, but in my
design i plan to automatically generate a historical table based on
setting, so the server application is responsible to synchronize the table
definition. This is only planned, i haven't implement it yet. I choose this
in order to simplify the application development and make it more robust