Hello.

I am trying to increase the speed of my queries.

Firebird 2.5
Windows Server 2008
32 GB RAM

I use 10GB of ram as a "ram disk drive".

I wrote query that takes 2:45 minutes running _*without*_ the
TempDirectories=R:\TEMP  (ram disk drive)
and the same query takes 1:13 minutes running _*with*_ the
TempDirectories=R:\TEMP  (ram disk drive).

I tried to set the FIREBIRD_TMP environment variable instead of the
TempDirectories and it doesn't work as I expected.
I guess that I could use TempDirectories _*OR*_ FIREBIRD_TMP.

Another question is that using a ram disk drive increases only queries
that uses ORDER BY or GROUP BY.

Does somebody has comments, suggestions?

How to really increase the speed of my queries using RAM, a lot of RAM?

--

Atenciosamente,

Hugo Eyng