I'm actually having this same problem with one of my clients. He have two
servers with x64 Windows and 8Gb of RAM.  One of them is xp, the other is
seven. I tested Firebird 2.5.2 x32 and x64... change various configuration
and no success yet to reduce the consume of memory... that after a while
get between 80 and 90% and reduce the performance of the system