Hello, Fabiano!

FDS>                 Mutex wait: 37.6%
FDS>                 Hash slots: 1009, Hash lengths (min/avg/max):   74/  98/
128
FDS> Terrible numbers. Then I disconnect everything, chang LockHashSlots in
FDS> Firebird.conf to 4093 (more or less 4 times more that default 1009 and
still
FDS> a prime number) and now the HDD is running smoth!

Yes, we have several cases at different production environments with
high load (Windows, Linux), and found that high LockHashSlots value helps a lot.

The good value is around 10000.

BTW, Firebird 1.5 ignores value higher than 2048, IIRC.
Other Firebird versions accepts higher values without problems.

--
Dmitry Kuzmenko, www.ib-aid.com