Hi Mark,

 Right now i'm looking in a way to reclaim the space right away without killing
the process.
 Is it helping if i change the FB flavor to "superclassic", assuming this fires
only 1 instance of the db, so the file will be opened only 1 time ?!

 Regarding the filesize, i'll also have a look.

 Regards,

 Jerome

---In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, <mark@...> wrote:

 On 21-11-2013 00:58, Jerome Bossert wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I'm running FB classic 2.5 on ubuntu server 12.04, and i have a disk space
 > utilization issue :
 >
 > my wcdata.fdb is 25 G large.

 > I think the file marked as (deleted) is still using space on the drive...
 >
 > if i do a kill pid, it release the space, but i want to understand the issue
 > and fix it in a proper way.

 Which issue: that the file is still open, or the fact it is so large? On
 Linux you can delete a file when it is opened in shared access, however
 the available space will not be reclaimed until all file handles have
 been closed.

 On size: look at your transaction handling (long running transactions on
 a database with a lot of updates can accrue a lot of garbage and require
 more disk space), blob usage etc.

 Mark
 --
 Mark Rotteveel