> Hi. In highly concurrent environment, part of an app is using .NET
> RepeatableRead transaction to read data from few tables.
> I noticed that during these reads, writers to these tables experience major
> slowdown.
> So question is this:
> Does (Concurrency,ReadWrite) (.NET RepeatableRead) has major impact writers?

I'm not familiar with the .NET driver ...

* What does "major slowdown" mean?
* Is repeatable read involved for all transactions or read committed as
well?
* If read committed, are you using REC_VERSION or no record versions?
* Do you use WAIT or NO WAIT at transaction level?
* Do you end up with long running transactions? What does gstat -h and
or the monitoring tables say?
* When committing. Do you use commit retaining or "hard" commits?

More questions than answers ... ;-)

--
With regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer

Professional Tools and Services for Firebird
FB TraceManager, IB LogManager, Database Health Check, Tuning etc.