Hello, Dmitry!

Saturday, December 21, 2013, 8:27:26 AM, you wrote:

>> Also, as I see in nbak.cpp, -d option affects only diff file (delta),
>> not database file. You can check functions
>> BackupManager::openDelta
>> BackupManager::setForcedWrites

DY> Wrong. The -D switch has nothing to do with the BackupManager, so it
DY> cannot affect delta at all.

oops, yes, I was wrong, missed between nbk and delta. Of course
-d option related to resulting nbk file.

DY> You should be looking at nbackup.cpp (the utility, not the engine) and
DY> see that it affects how the database file is being read by nbackup after
DY> it has been locked.

Wish I knew where that sources are. I see only nbackup.cpp in JRD, not
in utilities/nbackup. Be patient, I'm bad with C/C++.

>> And, it inherits Forced Writes state from the database for delta.
>> If it's ON for database, it will be ON for delta (wich is seems
>> logical).

DY> True, but it's about ForcedWrites, not the -D switch.

here is Delta inherits FW settings, not nbk, because for nbk FW is
useless, as I understand.

>> What I coudn't find (sorry, I don't understand C++ and not so friendly
>> with Firebird sources) is defaults for -d option.

DY> The default is ON on Windows and OFF on POSIX.

Nice. That usually frightens me.

--
Dmitry Kuzmenko, www.ib-aid.com