Well, it is not complicated at all, I was waiting for somebody writing a
better technique but the days go on and that not happen then I show you a
link to a page where the technique is described, with two examples. The
page is in Spanish but you can use some translator (Google has one). And of
course, if you have any question, just tell me, here or in the page:

http://firebird21.wordpress.com/2013/11/24/convirtiendo-filas-en-columnas/

One drawback of the technique is that you need to know in advance the exact
number of columns or at least the maximum number of columns.

Greetings.

Walter.