On 2014-01-06 05:12, rudyhuan...@ymail.com wrote:

> I installed on a client machine, the ERP.FDB file and the application.
>
> Now, I came to know that, one guy in the client place, stole the ERP.FDB and
> tried several passwords and did not get it, so, he installed a FIREBIRD on
> his computer and copied the ERP.FDB and opened it with FIREBIRD default
> password, and stole the entire db design.
>
> How to protect from this kind of things ?
> How to make sure, that the database cannot be copied?

I believe there is no way to protect against this type of problem. Once
someone has physical possession of a database (any database of any kind)
there is not much you can do to prevent them from accessing the data
within it.

You can make it harder for them by adding layers of additional obscurity
designed to make it difficult to figure out how to get to the data but
in the end you cannot prevent them from getting there.

--

Cheers!
Rich Saunders