Hello,

> AFAIK, the parameter DefaultDbCachePages is intended for newly created
> databases as default size of cache pages. It doesn't have effect on existing
> databases where its own setting is used. Every database can have own setting
> about count of cache pages.

The DefaultDbCachePages parameter in firebird.conf applies when page
buffers of the database is set to 0.

> It seems to be still not solving this problem using by FileSystemCacheSize.
>
> What else can I test?

I haven't followed the entire thread, but first I would rule out I/O
problems like faulty RAID controllers etc. In a particular case I was
called, although a high-end server in that case, performance was worse
than on an oldish laptop.

Then there are various tuning/optimizations techniques and settings,
which I usually discuss and go through at customer sites. Page size,
page buffers, hash slots, increasing RAM usage for the sorting module
etc. Once the tuning/configuration side is exhausted, SQL tuning is
probably the most important thing. At least from my experience.

For sure, I would move away from SuperServer to Classic or SuperClassic
to get an overall increase in CPU utilization in a multi-user
environment. Although e.g. gbak is still bound to a single core.

--
With regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer

Professional Tools and Services for Firebird
FB TraceManager, IB LogManager, Database Health Check, Tuning etc.