Hello Group,
Is it possible to take a backup of a 2.5 database whilst it is running in
embedded mode (Windows) and whilst that application is otherwise connected to
the database using the services manager (just like you can on the full server)?

I am presently getting an exception that the database is opened by another
engine instance but process explorer only identifies my application as having a
handle to it.

Thanks
Adam

I do backups all the time while connected in embedded. I use the
IBOBackupService component. I don’t know how you are actually doing the backup

Alan