Hello, Kjell!

KR> I'm going to do a gbak backup/restore on my 100 Gbyte database this
KR> weekend, and was wondering if perhaps I should bump up the page size
KR> from 8 kbyte to 16 kbyte.

KR> What should I look for?

KR> I'm running gstat -a -i right now. Is this the appropriate options to
KR> get the relevant figures?

No. The best way, always, minimum gsta -h, or maximum gstat -r.
Only gstat -r shows record size, versions, etc.
You should look at indices, that have depth greater than 3 (equal to 4
or more).

Anyway, you may always compare performance. 100gb is not such a big
database that could not be set to 8k back at appropriate time if
you will find that something become slower at 16k.

--
Dmitry Kuzmenko, www.ib-aid.com