Em 7/3/2014 14:13, Art McCabe escreveu:

I am trying to make a backup of our database that is on a Unix box, from my windows computer.

I have used: Firebird Maestro, IP Firebird Database Manager, Firebird SQL Studio.
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, or just not possible.

When I run the backup from these tools, and select the database and final location and press start, it looks like it is going thru a backup process, but the fbk file is not created on my computer.

I am new to firebird and the GUI Tools that may be available.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Art

I don't know any of these tools...

But I strongly suggest that you use the native firebird applications

use gbak for back-up (it's on the installation directory under the bin folder)

the most simple way is:

gbak IP_OF_THE_SERVER:NAME_OF_YOUR_DATABASE NAME_OF_BACKUP_FILE -user sysdba -password masterkey -v

of course change the password for the one you defined.

the -v switch is optional, but I think it will hep you once it will show the progress

see you !