>I understand your problem. Would it be possible to measure the size of each
>level 5 backup, and if it's over a certain threshold use a higher
>level for the rest of that day to keep from copying the same large set of data
>over and over?
>
>In essence, you would create a script that backs up every five minutes, and if
>the last backup size was below a certains threshold use the same
>level as before, otherwise bump it up. Reset to level 3 each night.
>
>The benefit is that you won't create a large number of levels unless it's
>actually needed to reduce backup traffic.

I thought similar to Kjell, yet opposite: If the size is over the threshold,
just do an extra backup at a lower level, e.g. make a level 2 backup if the
level 5 backup is above 1 Gb and a level 3 backup if the level 5 backup is
above 100Mb or similar. I would expect it to be possible to mix this with the
backup scheme that you've already described, but I've absolutely no knowledge
of NBackup and may be completely wrong.

HTH,
Set