>    Given this scenario my questions are the following:
>
> 1) Does it makes sense to activate forced writes on Linux ?

Different versions of Linux file systems provide better protection than others.

Personally, I believe that forced write = ON is necessary for all OS -- but I
suspect that I am in the minority (some will swear they have never had a
problem/db corruption, but I am too chicken to take the risk -- I like sleeping
at night).

> 2) Is increasing the page size the right approach to improve performance ?
> Which are the drawbacks of setting page size to 16K ?

There is no universally true answer, it depends.

> 3) The same question stands for cache pages: is it useful ( or has
> disadvantages ) to have so many cache pages as there are on disk pages (
> provided there is enough RAM size ) ?

As long as you have the RAM there is no problem.

Sean

  • [firebird-s... Aldo Caruso aldo.car...@argencasas.com [firebird-support]
    • RE: [f... 'Leyne, Sean' s...@broadviewsoftware.com [firebird-support]
      • Re... Aldo Caruso aldo.car...@argencasas.com [firebird-support]