duque.herna...@yahoo.com [firebird-support] wrote:
> Hi to all
>

> I've just installed Firebird 2.5 SuperClassic on a new Linux CentOS 7
> box. I tested local connections and are working fine. SELinux is
> disabled and firewall service is down.
Have you tested local over service? e.g: isql 127.0.0.1:/db/test.gdb ?

> But when I try to connect from a workstation using "telnet my-server
> 3050", is not responding. Neither I can see the 3050 port if I do "lsof
> | grep 3050" on the host.
>

> Is there I've missed?
Have you executed the script changeMultiConnectMode.sh? That's the one
turning a classic into a superclassic.

> Do I need a 64 bit client for connecting to FB on a CentOS 7?
No, the client bitness depends on the client os and/or requirements of
the app.

> Any help will be appreciated.
hth, marcus

  • [firebird-supp... duque.herna...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]