Hi--

 I've got a FB 2.5 app that uses IBO components and Delphi

 The instance has perhaps 40 concurrent users.

 Someone would potentially have a record in 'edit' mode.

 Another user does a read-only (tIBOQuery.RequestLive := False) select from the
same table.

 Not always, but once in a while, the user doing the readonly select see's the
'lock conflict on no wait transaction' error when i try to set .active := true
on the query.

 both the edit query of the other user and the read-only select query of this
user are using the same IBOTransaction (it's .ReadOnly = false)

 How can i get it so the read-only select doesn't result in that error?

 Is there some property I need to change of the query or transaction?

 so i have another transaction for the read-only query that has it's
TIBOTransaction.readOnly = True?

 please help
 thanks
 kelly