Hi all,

I need someone please to advice me of the following sql code

Select TRANS_DATE,TRANSTIME, POSNUMBER, TRANSNUMBER, Count(ITEM_QTY) as
ItemsSold,

SUM(LINE_TOTAL) as LineTotal from accounthistory "

WHERE TRANS_DATE BETWEEN '" & StartDate & "' AND '" & EndDate AND
AccountID='1001'

GROUP BY POSNUMBER, TRANSNUMBER Order By TRANS_DATE, TRANSTIME DESC;

When I run that within my application I get this error message

Run Time Error -2147467259 (80004005)

[ODBC Firebird Driver][Firebird] SQL Error
SQL error code =-104
Invalid expression in the select list (not contained in either an aggregate
function or the GROUP BY clause)

Any advice is welcomed as this has me stumped as well as my SQL expert mate

Thanks

Andy

  • [firebird-... 'Andrew Gable' andrew.ga...@tesco.net [firebird-support]
    • Re: [... Tim Ward t...@telensa.com [firebird-support]