Od: "'Costantino Molinari' c.molin...@tiscali.it [firebird-support]"
<firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Do: <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Temat: [firebird-support] How to improve Firebird 2.5.3 Disk I/O on Windows
server 2012 R2
Data: pt., wrz 26, 2014 12:44
Hello,I have installed Firebird 2.5.3 SuperServer x64 on a Windows server 2012
R2 (x64).At the moment I have done no changes in firebird.conf Hardware
resources are: 2 x 12core Intel Xeon, 32 GB DDR3 Ram, 6 x 1.2TB SAS RAID 10, 1
GB Ram on 6Gbps RAID controller with Flash Backup and Battery Backup on it. The
IOPS values with CristalDiskMark  ( 5 x 100MB test) are: Seq
3805R 3754W512K                2787R 2756W4K                    109R   106W4K
QD32         440W  338W The problem
is that i see long time of execution in read/write to a very little FB database
(about 100 MB, it’s a new one, just for tests before production)The application
reads from a text file, checks in FB table if the record exists, than writes
the record in the same table. This is for about 35000 records.The application
takes about 9 minutes to end.Now, with same application, same DB, Same Firebird
version, but on an old 2003 server monoprocessor, old raid 1 controller, it
takes about 12’ minutes to end. So my new W2012 is faster, but only 3 minutes
less, I thi
nk I can really obtain better performances.I have read lots of documentation
about File System Cache  or DB Cache Pages, but honestly I need some good
indication from anyone of you, because I’m very new with Firebird and I think
there are several settings to obtain the best from this brand new and “speedy”
hardware. Thank in advance to anyone who will try to help me.Costantino