DYdusnfs> IIRC, unicode derived case/accent insensitive collations use six bytes
DYdusnfs> per character encoding. This gives us 2010 bytes which is pretty near
DYdusnfs> the 1/4 page size. Given that some overhead should be taken into
DYdusnfs> account, the key length may in fact overflow the limit.

DYdusnfs> I'm not absolutely sure this is your case, but it could be.
DYdusnfs> Dmitry

If this is true, Ivan needs to update his calculator:
http://mujweb.cz/iprenosil/interbase/ip_ib_indexcalculator.htm

[]s
Carlos
Firebird Performance in Detail - http://videos.firebirddevelopersday.com