Are you install FB from package of distro or by hands use official FB installer?
Are you try downgrade to 2.5.2?
Are you upgraded client library on Windows side?

09.10.2014 06:39, 'Edward Mendez' emendez...@nc.rr.com [firebird-support] пишет:

Hello,

In our production environment we have a Firebird 2.14 running on CentOS 5.5 64bit with some Delphi FrontEnds applications.

I recently setup a CentOS 6.5 64bit with Firebird SuperClassic 2.5.3 and restored a backup from the Production server to this new Server. We have reconfigured one of the Delphi front ends to connect to this new Firebird server. Now when we are having multiple connections trying to run basic reports/queries the server kept crashing and fbGuardian kept restarting the server randomly. I thought it was the superclassic, so I uninstalled it and installed the classic 2.5.3 server.

I still am getting sessions to Disconnect with the error “Error reading data from the connection”. I even tried using IBEXPERT to run some queries with the same results. The FrontEnd server is a windows 2003 server and a user connections to it via RDP and then runs the Delphi Frontend application.

I don’t see anything significant in the firebird.log or the messages log in /var/log. Both the frontend and the server are on the same network.

The Firebird server is a virtualized server, but we have most of our Firebird Production servers virtualized also.

I wonder if this has something to do with the immediate detection of client loss of connectivity. That Firebird somehow thinks the client stopped responding and disconnects it.

One thing in common that all the disconnected sessions have is that they were running a query on the server (nothing coming back to the client yet). But I doubt it is a timeout issue because sometimes it disconnects after 5 minutes and sometimes after 20 minutes.

My Boss is considering going back to 2.1.x if we don’t resolve this.

Thank you in advance,

Edward Mendez

Markov Dmitri

  • RE: [firebird-supp... 'Edward Mendez' emendez...@nc.rr.com [firebird-support]