13.10.2014 00:22, 'Walter R. Ojeda Valiente' wrote:

> Thank you very much for your answer Dmitry. However my first question
> remains: why after a cycle backup/restore the Next Transaction was 304
> and not 3?
>
> My understanding so far is that after a cycle backup/restore the ID of
> all transactions in the backup is put in 1. So, the Next Transaction
> would be 3 or a number very close to 3.

Nope. The Next Transaction number is reset to 1 when a new database is
created. This is a very beginning of the restore process. Then gbak
restores metadata and data, and it can be done in multiple transactions,
depending on switches. IIRC, -o[nce] starts transaction per every
restored table and -v[erbose] starts transaction per every restored
index. There may be other side effects I'm not aware of.

Dmitry

  • ... 'Walter R. Ojeda Valiente' sistemas2000profesio...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
    • ... Dmitry Yemanov dim...@users.sourceforge.net [firebird-support]