Run stadistic for database
- Look for index in de big tables. Look for Depth > 2. In this case up Page
size one step, and run database statistical.
- Look memory  at each step

Good luck
Germán

El Viernes, 12 de septiembre, 2014 15:37:38, "Alexey Kovyazin a...@ib-aid.com
[firebird-support]" <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> escribió:

Hi Russel,

Good starting point could be our optimized configuration files:
http://ib-aid.com/en/optimized-firebird-configuration/

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon

>What type of access (read vs. write mix) are you expecting? Mainly write
>
>What mix of small vs. large queries are you expecting? the queries are based
>on single order ids (primary keys) and about 4 tables involved
>
>How many simultaneous connections are you expecting? that's the big question
>we are looking at a range of 1400 - 13000 orders per hour
>
>What page cache number and page size have you tested with? page buffers: 2048;
>page size: 4096
>
>What type of HDD config and how much RAM will the server have? all on virtual.
>2 HDD and 4GB ram - can increase to 16GB
>
>What OS? Windows server 2012
>

>Russell Weetch
>SMXi – the heartbeat of your business
>T: +44 (0)20 7100 6010  M:+44 (0)7879 816084  W:http://smxi.com
>E:russ...@smxi.com
>
>Systematic Marketing, 429-433 Pinner Road, Harrow  HA1 4HN, United Kingdom
>SMX, SMXi, Masque® and Masque Arts are trading names and trade marks of
>Systematic Marketing Ltd
>Registration No. 2472380 England / VAT 541 2972 49
>This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
>solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
>you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately. If you
>are not the intended recipient of this email, you should not copy it for any
>purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.
>

>On 11 September 2014 16:35, 'Leyne, Sean' s...@broadviewsoftware.com
>[firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>

>>> We are having to gear up one of our
                              web apps for a potential spike in access
>>> next month and have been running some
                              load testing. Overall it seems not
>>> to bad but the database is a bit of a
                              bottleneck or so it seems.