On 11.11.2014 11:39, 'Knappich, Sven' s.knapp...@c-forum.de
[firebird-support] wrote:

> Hello,
>

> we have a Software that only Support Firebird 2.0.
With regards to the software company: Firebird 2.0 is discontinued since
April 2012, which means no further development, error/bug fixing and that.
So even if there is a problem running Firebird 2.0 on Win Server 2012 -
it's very unlikely that someone will fix it.

> Now we had changed the OS from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2012.
>
> After the Upgrade the OS the Firebird runs very slowly.

You've made an in-place update from Win2003 Server to Win2012 Server?
Or have you installed a new server with Win 2012 and reinstalled the
software?

> The software manufacturer said that our Hardware is to bad for Firebird
> but we changed only the OS and no Hardware.

See the regards first...
Aside that - if they insist on bad hardware: they should be able to tell
you which part of your hardware is 'bad'. There is no general bad hardware.

> The Windows Server 2012 runs in a VMWare environment. The Server 2003
> was running in the same VMWare environment.
>
> The only thing we had increased was the RAM. From 8 to 16 GB.
Should not be a problem running a server as vm

> Is there anything to configure in Server 2012?
>
> Is Firebird 2.0 Supportet with Server 2012?
See regards...

> Thanks
>

> Reegards

hth, Marcus