On 14 Nov 2014 08:08:59 -0800, "t...@camalot.ca [firebird-support]"
<firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> Wondering if a Backup/Restore is requird for moving from 2.5.2 to 2.5.3?
>
> I have done it here without any issues so far, but thought I better ask
> the question.

It isn't technically necessary when moving from 2.5.2 to 2.5.3, but it is
necessary when moving from 2.5.1 (!). The release notes say this:
http://www.firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/release_notes/html/rlsnotes253.html#notes-253

Between 'major' versions of Firebird (eg 2.0 to 2.1 to 2.5) it is not
required to backup/restore, but you need to do it to upgrade the database
to access some of the new features. To Firebird 3 you will always need to
do a backup and restore because older database structure versions are not
supported.

Mark
  • [firebird-supp... t...@camalot.ca [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fire... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]