At 11:14 a.m. 15/12/2014, emad...@yahoo.com.au [firebird-support] wrote:

>Unfortunately we're using 1.5 so "NOW" isn't available to us.

Wrong. 'NOW' or 'now' was inherited from InterBase.  CURRENT_TIMESTAMP came
with IB6 or Fb 1.0, afair.

Listen to what Sean said: 'NOW' gives you the time at execution of the
statement instance, whereas CURRENT_TIMESTAMP gives you the time at the start
of the operation.  So, if you have multiple instances of a statement running in
a batch, they will all have the same CURRENT_TIMESTAMP but different timestamps
if you use 'Now'. Why not create a test that uses both?

I hope you do know that single quotes and double quotes are not interchangeable
in Firebird.  The literal delimiter is single quotes.

>We're running the statements in real-time so a 30 minute difference is
>definitely wrong.. It is also exactly 30 minutes which leads me to believe
>there's some kind of funny offset due to timezone or something to that effect
>that we aren't seeing for whatever reason.

No such thing exists.

>I thought if I figured out where the "CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" statement is pulling
>its time from I would know where to look for the issue.

System clock time.  Maybe Server2003 has some anomaly related to daylight
saving time...just a thought.

Helen Borrie, Support Consultant, IBPhoenix (Pacific)
Author of "The Firebird Book" and "The Firebird Book Second Edition"
http://www.firebird-books.net

  • ... emad...@yahoo.com.au [firebird-support]
    • ... Svein Erling Tysvær svein.erling.tysv...@kreftregisteret.no [firebird-support]
      • ... Tim Ward t...@telensa.com [firebird-support]