Hello Dmitry,

I'm still puzzled.

>29.01.2015 19:15, Martijn Tonies wrote:
>>
>>> 2) Create SP with EXCEPTION ERROR 'some Cyrillic string';
>>
>> Done. In the source, I see the following:
>>
>> begin
>>    exception test _utf8
>> X'31D0A2D095D0A1D0A220D09DD09020D091D0AAD09BD093D090D0A0D0A1D09AD098';
>> end
>
>You don't need the _utf8 prefix with HEX string if you create SP in UTF8

The hex string is generated automagically when I connect with utf8, enter a
string value
with Cyrillic character and save the procedure. Upon reloading it from the
database, it
has this hex string. Without the prefix, the text is stored normal.

>connection. When I tried with _utf8, I got some weird results too.
>Without _utf8, everything worked fine. But I have a Cyrillic keyboard to
>write the error text properly ;-)

I removed the _utf8 prefix so I only have the next string, connected with
utf8/win1251/win1250
but I always get the same garbage returned.

I'm doing this using DevArt IBDAC, but I get the same using isql.

No clue why I can't get the correct text.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com