At 02:54 p.m. 25/02/2015, you wrote:

>Hi, I need some help to convert DB 1.5 to 2.5. I've used gbak 1.5 for backup
>and gbak 2.5 for restore operations but I've got error messages. It is a small
>sample file, so I would like to attach  fdb and fbk files for verification,
>but I don't see UPLOAD options anywhere. Thanks for your help.

You can't attach files, but you can upload them from the firebird-support
list's home page, if you are logged in to your Yahoo account.

But it is probably unnecessary.  Just write another message to the list,
showing the error message you receive.

-->>> It seems likely you need to study the release notes for v.2.1 (refer to
Command Line Utilities/gbak) to see what you have to do to convert textual
metadata in your old DB to the new Unicode format from v.2.1 forward.
Specifically, look for the notes about the switches -fix_fss_M and -fix_fss_D.
You can download those release notes from the Documentation area at the
Firebird web site.

Helen Borrie, Support Consultant, IBPhoenix (Pacific)
Author of "The Firebird Book" and "The Firebird Book Second Edition"
http://www.firebird-books.net

  • [firebird-support] Er... solanofrei...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebird-su... Helen Borrie hele...@iinet.net.au [firebird-support]