Od: "'Tiberiu Horvath' tiberiu_horv...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]"
<firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Do: <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Temat: [firebird-support] Cumulative queries
Data: czw., mar 12, 2015 07:19
Hi all,

I have a Firebird stock management system with 100+ tables and 10+ clients.
I have some cumulative queries in my Delphi program that generates reports. My
problem is that while the queries are run (less than 5 minutes each), the whole
system performance is poor, people complaining about the speed of the database.
How do you deal with this ?

Thinking about :
1. Create a backup database and have the queries run there (backup /
restore during the night) ? This would be the obvious option. If data for the
reports is one day behind the real system is not a big problem.

2. In FireBird do I have some switch to lower the priority of a query
?
select * from table –low priority mode-

some other ideas ?

Thank you in advance ,