Regarding the Awaiting GC issue I've done another test:

 1- Connect to the database in a test environment, isolated from the rest of
users from production environment. with IBExpert or another database manager.
Only one connection.

 2- Monitor tha database with Sinatica Monitor to get number of active
transactions, attachments and statements. At this moment only 1 connection is
showed in Sinatica. 2 statements that are querys to system tables, I supose
form IBExpert connection, 0 awaiting GC and 1 awaiting Sweep.

 3- Run a query SELECT * FROM CALENDAR WHERE EVENT_ID=132465 which only returns
a record. I did not COMMIT that.

 4- Now SINATICA shows how AWAITING GC is increasing by 1 or 2 every second. In
a minute it shows more than 100 Awaiting GC.

 5- COMMIT and now SINATICA shows AWAITING GC is again 0.

 I did the same thing with EMS SQL MANAGER and the result is the same. Leaving
an interesting transaction on a single record table generates a big amount of
garbage.

 Is that normal?

  • ... gppla...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
    • ... Thomas Steinmaurer t...@iblogmanager.com [firebird-support]