Hi!

What would be a proper way of dealing with GBAK restore error
'validation error for column X, value "*** null ***"'? This error
appears in one table, where X is the primary key. The database is
Firebird 2.5.4 in the superserver mode.

1) How do I properly restore this backup? Neither -INACTIVE nor
-NO_VALIDITY (nor both at the same time) help, the restore stops as soon
as the first error is encountered. -ONE_AT_A_TIME gets me to the end of
table data, but then I get another error at the "restoring privilege for
user Y" "action cancelled by trigger (3) to preserve data integrity"
"table/procedure has non-SQL security class defined".

2) Why doesn't GBAK complain during backup? I would expect that if a
backup is successfully made, I will be able to restore it.

Thanks,

Josef
  • ... Josef Kokeš j.ko...@apatykaservis.cz [firebird-support]
    • ... Alexey Kovyazin a...@ib-aid.com [firebird-support]