Hello All,
 we are still on FB 1.5 release, our live Database is about 50 GB. While using
the freshly restored database, things are very fast in the beginning but they
get slower and slower as weeks go by. We are always forced to do a
backup/restore after 4 weeks or so.
 In the beginning we were thinking about the database itself. a Backup and
restore would fix any speed issue but in recent days, I decided to stop and
restart FB service without DB backup and restore. After doing so, everything
was extremely fast as if we did a backup/restore.
 Do you think this is normal, every now and then a Firebird restart is needed?
 We are using Windows 2008 Server. Raid 0 HD....

 Thank you all,
 -Halim

  • [firebird-supp... halim1...@hotmail.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fire... Thomas Steinmaurer t...@iblogmanager.com [firebird-support]