Halim,

> Thank you for your reply.
> I just tested a GBAK restore using -se(rvice) switch on a 1 GB DB. It
> took about 8 minutes. Restoring the same database using IBExpert took
> about 3 minutes.
> I'm looking for a faster restore time because I want to automate the
> process using a batch file. Our DB is over 50 GB.

What is the size of table vs. index data?

Restore is basically limited by single core throughput and I've hardly
seen restore being IO bound.

What you could try is to provide a much larger (temporary) page buffers
value (which you have to reduce before the restored database is going to
be used in production!) during the restore, which might help during
index re-creation.

--
With regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer

Professional Tools and Services for Firebird
FB TraceManager, IB LogManager, Database Health Check, Tuning etc.
  • ... halim1...@hotmail.com [firebird-support]
    • ... 'Thomas Steinmaurer' t...@iblogmanager.com [firebird-support]
          • ... 'Walter R. Ojeda Valiente' sistemas2000profesio...@gmail.com [firebird-support]