Hi-

I have more intel on the problem.

SQL> connect "localhost:/var/lib/firebird/data/employee.fdb" user SYSDBA
password "mypass";
Statement failed, SQLSTATE = HY000
Can't access lock files' directory /tmp/firebird/

I have the fb listening on 3050 now.

tcp6       0      0 :::3050                 :::*                    LISTEN

I just noticed it is listening on ipv6 address.

I found this snippet: If some wants to know, easy way to configure
firebird2.5-super (openSuSe 12.3) is edit as root
 file /etc/firebird/firebird.config. Just uncomment DatabaseAccess = FULL
(whereever is db) and
 Authentication = native(user=SYSDBA, password=masterkey) to access db if you
got accessing error.
 Of course, you need to restart firebird.
 Regards.

I put DatabaseAccess = Restrict /var/lib/firebird/data.

I also put : TempDirectories = /tmp/firebird/

I restart and start with systemctl start firebird-classic.socket
and  systemctl stop firebird-classic.socket

I am not sure what else to do?

Thanks for any assistance,
jim
  • [firebird-support] un... thirdshiftco...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]