From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2015 4:04 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] Error while attempting to add a Primary key to a
table that has no records

Greetings,

Firebird v2.5.4

I use Database Workbench v 5 as my database development tool.

I have this table which is currently empty (0 rows).  It originally had a
primary key on TRUST_STATEMENT_ID and ORIGINAL_PMT_ID

CREATE TABLE TRUST_STATEMENT_PMT_BACKOUT_CHK

(

  TRUST_STATEMENT_ID              INTEGER         NOT NULL,

  ORIGINAL_PMT_ID                 INTEGER         NOT NULL,

  ORIGINAL_ACCT_ID                INTEGER         NOT NULL,

  ORIGINAL_CASE_ID               SMALLINT         NOT NULL,

  ORIGINAL_DEBT_NO               SMALLINT         NOT NULL,

  ORIGINAL_PMT_NO                SMALLINT         NOT NULL,

  ORIGINAL_PMT_DATE                  DATE         NOT NULL,

  ORIGINAL_PMT_AMT                NUMERIC( 15, 2) NOT NULL,

  BACKOUT_PMT_ID                  INTEGER,

  BACKOUT_PMT_NO                 SMALLINT,

  BACKOUT_PMT_DATE                   DATE,

  BACKOUT_PMT_AMT                 NUMERIC( 15, 2)

);

I drop the PK so I could add 3 new fields (ORIGINAL_ACCT_ID, ORIGINAL_CASE_ID
and ORIGINAL_DEBT_NO) to this table.

Now I’m trying to add a primary key on TRUST_STATEMENT_ID,  ORIGINAL_PMT_ID,
ORIGINAL_ACCT_ID, ORIGINAL_CASE_ID and ORIGINAL_DEBT_NO

But I receive this error:

validation error for column ORIGINAL_ACCT_ID, value "*** null ***"

while executing:

ALTER TABLE TRUST_STATEMENT_PMT_BACKOUT_CHK

 ADD CONSTRAINT PK_TRUST_STATEMENT_PMT_BACK PRIMARY KEY (TRUST_STATEMENT_ID,
ORIGINAL_PMT_ID, ORIGINAL_ACCT_ID, ORIGINAL_CASE_ID, ORIGINAL_DEBT_NO)

Why am I receiving this error and how do I fix it?

Mike

  • [firebird-su... 'stwizard' stwiz...@att.net [firebird-support]
    • RE: [fi... 'stwizard' stwiz...@att.net [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fi... 'Thomas Steinmaurer' t...@iblogmanager.com [firebird-support]