Guten Tag ""Köditz,

on  another  list  if  have  read  the  following comment on a similar
question

integers are compared as integers, one operation

strings are compared on a per  characters basis

so  changing  your  integer  into  a  length  10  string   would mean 10
comparisons  instead of one

but  i  definetly would like to read an answer from someone wo is more
into the depth of firebird internals

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Hannes Streicher                            mailto:hstreic...@gmx.de