From: mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 1:13 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] Firebird Indexing problem

Hi guys,

I have a problem with indexing in FB. Heres the query

select rep$log.pk, tablica_ime, client_number, time_stamp, sql_type, sql_query,
usr

from rep$log

where usr <> 'REPL' and not exists

(select rep$trans.pk from rep$trans where rep$trans.replicated_pk = rep$log.pk)

Statistics show that rep$log has all non-indexed reads even though I've created
an index for the usr field.

What's more interesting is that if I change this line

where usr <> 'REPL' and not exists

where usr = 'SYSDBA' and not exists

all tha reads are indexed. So the problem is in the <> operation. How can I
have indexed reads and keep the <> operation?

Thank you in advance guys.

  • [firebird-suppo... drci...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fireb... liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]
      • [fireb... drci...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]