Hi Slavek, there are a number of issues you need to resolve before
making a decision. If network performance is an issue then replication
is not the answer - unless you can send the changes back to head office
'out of hours'. This means the different databases will be out of sync
for some time. Is this acceptable from your customer's point of view?
Are there different production plants making the same item? What happens
if plant 1 and plant 2 make the same item on the same day?

I think you may have to generate your own version because replication is
not what you need (imho) but you could create a series of triggers and
tables to do what you want. e.g. if you have a table called PARTS,
create SYNC_PARTS and each time there is a change to PARTS you add a
record. You could then send your updates to HO via a scheduled update or
even within the same transaction if your network access allows for that.

Alan J Davies
Aldis

  • [firebird... Slavomir Skopalik skopa...@elektlabs.cz [firebird-support]
    • Re: ... Alan J Davies alan.dav...@aldis-systems.co.uk [firebird-support]