Hi,

> I figured out it is possible to simply append manually some ascii
> data at the end of the db file (see picture attached). This would be
> my preferred solution. It seems to work (I can still read and write
> to the database and even manipulate the database structure). But
> maybe this is only luck?

This will only work until Firebird needs to extend the database file
and then all kinds of bad things might happen.

I would rather store this information in a separate configuration file.
Or, if you are a big fan of abusing file formats, you might want to
try to append the information to your executable file. The last time I
tried this (years ago on Windows), it worked without problems.

Cheers,
Christian

  • Re: [firebird-sup... Christian Gütter n...@guetter.org [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebir... Christian Gütter n...@guetter.org [firebird-support]