Od: "Sonya Blade sonyablade2...@hotmail.com [firebird-support]"
<firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Data: 02.01.2016  08:24  (GMT+01:00)
Do: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Temat: [firebird-support] Update table column from another table

      Dear All,

I have difficulty with updating column records of one table from another table
columns, which have common columns for relation.

Executed query is as follow :

update elements E set E.END_I = (select n.node_num from nodes N

where (E.X_I =N.XI and E.Y_I = N.YI and E.Z_I=N.ZI) )

where exists (select 1 from nodes N where (E.X_I =N.XI and E.Y_I = N.YI and
E.Z_I=N.ZI))

The problem with that is , not all the columns of Elements are updated, only
one portion is correctly updated and rest

remains intact. I tried to follow instructions here
http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq323/ but without success. I use old version of

Firebird which is ver 2.1.

What is rong with the code above,

Regards,