On 2016-03-17 5:54, ggoo...@yahoo.com [firebird-support] wrote:
> I am querying a Firebird 1.5.3 database with python code using the
> python firebirdsql module. All works well (query returns values as
> expected) with up to 10 columns from two tables, but when I add an
> 11th column I get the error:
>
> “NameError: global name ‘INFO_SQL_SELECT_DESCRIBE_VARS’ is not
> defined” from the SQL execute statement. If I remove any one of the
> 11 columns from the query it works so it doesn’t appear related to a
> bad column name.
>
> The database is not one I created, so I don’t know if the creator
> did something to lock it down in some way, or if Firebird is even
> able
> to do this.
>
> My SQL query is as follows …
>
> strquery="SELECT t.measured_datetime , t.results_dose,
> t.results_axsym, t.results_trsym, \
>  t.results_qaflat, t.signature, t.set_key, d.beam_on_time, \
>  d.d24_counts, d.d34_counts, d.d44_counts \
>  FROM dqa3_trend t \
>  JOIN tomo_data d ON (t.data_key = d.data_key) \
>  WHERE extract (month from t.measured_datetime) = extract (month from
> CURRENT_DATE) \
>  AND extract (year from t.measured_datetime) = extract (year from
> CURRENT_DATE) \
>  AND (t.set_key=25 OR t.set_key=26)"
>
> Any suggestions as to what might be causing this observed behaviour?

Sounds like a problem in the driver, it can't find a constant by the
looks of it. Make sure you are using the latest version, and otherwise
report a bug.

As a side note: 1.5.3 is rather old (even for the 1.5.x series itself),
you really should consider upgrading (preferably to 2.5, but otherwise
at least to 1.5.6).

Mark
  • [firebird-support] ... ggoo...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebird-... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]