Hi everyone.

Due to some failing hardware and my tardiness to move the FB server
elsewhere, our development databases have become corrupt.

This isn't a big deal as we/I can create new ones (the metadata has been
backed up and we have plenty of client data to use), but I have taken it
as a challenge to learn more about recovering a corrupt database.

I have used gfix and gbak, as well as DBWorkbench but try as I might, I
cannot repair the database.

For both databases while running gbak:

gbak -user sysdba -password masterkey -b -ig -l corrupt.fdb
corruptbak.fbk -v

I get the error:

gbak: ERROR:internal Firebird consistency check (decompression overran
buffer (179), file: sqz.cpp l

ine: 239)

gbak: ERROR:gds_$receive failed

gbak:Exiting before completion due to errors

gbak: ERROR:internal Firebird consistency check (can't continue after
bugcheck)

When I run gfix on both:

gfix -user sysdba -password masterkey -validate -full -no_update
corrupt.fdb

I get the error:

internal Firebird consistency check (cannot find tip page (165), file:
tra.cpp line: 2375)

For those in the know, is this a recoverable error?

Should I cut my losses and create a new DB?

Any tips or tricks I could try?

I can pump some (most) of the data from them but hit errors on some
tables (unfortunately large important ones) .  One DB is 1.3Gb, the
other is over 11Gb.

I am using WI-V2.5.3.26780 Firebird 2.5 ODS 11.2

Cheers,

Andrew Zenz

  • [firebird-sup... 'Andrew Zenz' and...@aimsoftware.com.au [firebird-support]
    • [firebir... Hasnain Najafi hasnain.naj...@boots.co.uk [firebird-support]